The PIM settings node contains settings and tools related to Dynamicweb Product Information Management.
- General settings are used to configure the PIM setup
- Workflow settings are used to create workflows for PIM
You can read more about these settings and tools below.
You can read more about using Dynamicweb PIM in the manual.
The PIM > General settings are used to configure the general behavior of Dynamicweb PIM on the solution.
The Field/Language factor for PIM is used to generate page sizes in Edit-mode in PIM after the formula (Visible fields * Visible languages) / Factor. The higher the factor is, the more products will be shown per page, at the cost of performance. This is a limitation with browser technology, not with Dynamicweb PIM.
Additionally, you can set one or more indexes as available indexes, and select one as the Default Index. Read more about the role of indexes in PIM here.
In the Workflow section, you can customize the settings for draft and versioning. You can:
- Enable draft on all products
- Enable cleanup of the product versions
- Enter how old (in days) a product version must be to be deleted
- Specify how many versions of a product you want to keep (no matter the retention)
From Warehouses node you can create warehouses for Dynamicweb PIM. Read more about creating and using warehouses here.
From Channels node you can create channels for Dynamicweb PIM. Read more about creating and using channels here.
PIM Workflows is a flexible system for creating processed tailored to the unique needs of a particular business or PIM setup.
A workflow consist of:
- A number of states – e.g. New product, Ready for description, Ready for translation, etc.
- A set of availability instructions per state, which control which states a product can move to from the current state
- Optionally, a set of state notifications for notifying key people when a product enters a new state
Once a workflow has been created, a workflow state field can be included when editing products in PIM. It can be used to move products to and from the states defined on each state. You must include this field in your visible fields definitions to use workflows.
To create a PIM workflow:
- Go to Settings > PIM
- Click on the Workflows node to open the Workflows tool
- Click New workflow in the toolbar – or click an existing workflow - to open the edit workflow view (Figure 5.1)
- Provide a name for the workflow
- Click the add new workflow state button to add a new state (Figure 5.2)
When creating a new state you can:
- Name the state
- Select which other states in the flow are available from this state
- Set up a state notification (Figure 5.3)
Using the Image categories settings, you can create image categories that can group images and control how these images are inherited across languages and variants. Read more about image categories here.