The Event viewer tool provides you with a list of all system events – both errors, warnings and information events. The event viewer can be accessed from Settings > System > Event viewer and is basically a list of system events with filtering options (Figure 1.1).
Each event is listed with key data – Date, Level, Category, Action, and a Description – and the list can be filtered or searched.
Click any event to view the event details (Figure 1.2).
Event viewer notifications are emails which are sent to key people when a certain system event occurs. The notifications can be configured quite extensively, which makes it possible to set up notifications for key parts of the solution separately, and with varying degrees of urgency.
To access your notifications click Email notifications in the toolbar (Figure 2.1).
This opens the notifications list (Figure 2.2).
From the notifications list you can:
- Click an existing notification to review and/or edit it
- Click add notification to create a new notification (Figure 2.3).
To configure the notification:
- Provide a name
- Configure the filter section:
- Select a category (or leave as All)
- Select the notification levels to include
- Specify a send interval defined as the minimum delay between notifications
- Specify recipients:
- Send Email notifies a list of emails
- Health monitoring service notifies a monitoring service
|Field name||Data type||Length|