Data integration is the process of importing and exporting data to and from your Dynamicweb solution, either on an ad-hoc basis, on a schedule or in real-time.
Dynamicweb contains the following integration tools and features:
- The Data Integration module lets you create integration activities which accomplish a particular task, such as exporting or importing user data, exporting orders, etc.
- A Batch Integration uses scheduled tasks to import and export data at intervals (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.)
- A Live integration retrieves data from a remote system in real-time, and uses it to show for instance live prices or stock states, or to create orders in a remote system as they are placed
Integration Framework v2 is a collection of components for transferring data and maintaining data consistency between a Dynamicweb solution and a remote system. This is typically an ERP, but in principle all remote systems can be handled.
Integration Framework v2 contains standard plug-in units for the following ERP systems.
- Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Dynamics AX 2012
- Dynamics NAV 2013/2015/2016/2017/2018
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
For integration to older systems – NAV 2009 and AX 2009 – please see the documentation for Integration Framework v1.
An integration provider is a piece of software for moving data between Dynamicweb and an external data source, like an XML file, a CSV file or an SQL database.
An integration activity consists of:
- A source provider matching the data source - either the Dynamicweb solution (export) or a file (import)
- A destination provider matching the data destination - either the Dynamicweb solution (import) or a file (export)
Visit the integration providers article for an overview of the built-in providers of Dynamicweb. The article also presents a list of scenarios that might help you choose the right provider for your integration activities. If the long list of built-in providers somehow does not suffice it is also possible to create custom providers.