The Users area (Figure 1.1) is used to structure and work with registered user accounts on a Dynamicweb solution.
Like other areas of Dynamicweb, the Users area consists of:
- An area tree (1) for creating and navigating a structure – user groups
- A content pane (2) for working with the users in the selected group
The users tree consists of three separate sections:
- A tree structure (1) containing user groups and nodes for working with smart searches and repository queries
- A tree node selector (2) which is used to select a 1st level tree node – the users tree will then reload and show only the nodes under the selected 1st level node
- A context menu (3) used to create root-level user groups and set permissions on the whole users tree
Right-click any of the nodes to open a context menu (Figure 2.2) – the options available varies according to, well, the context.
The users pane is used to work with users, user groups, and other user management-related features such as smart searches – it shows either the list view or a details view of the content being worked with.
The list view (Figure 3.1) consists of
- A toolbar section (1) which allows you to specify the page size, filter on backend login and Active/Inactive state, and search the list (only standard fields, no custom fields)
- A list of users (2) matching the group or smart search selected, plus any filters & search terms specified. Inactive users are greyed out.
In the Users tree you will find the Search node (Figure 4.1) – this node will present you with a (paged) list of all users on the solution.
As you can see, user accounts which do not belong to a user group are shown with a red background – and as elsewhere, users which are inactive or inaccessible to you are shown greyed out. You can right-click an orphaned user and select Add groups to add it to one or more groups.