A user account comes with a set of standard address fields – and in some cases this is enough – but additional addresses can be created for an account when necessary.
This can happen in several ways:
- From frontend via an instance of the Extranet app in Manage addresses mode
- From the backend using the built-in Addresses view on a user account
- As a part of an integration setup where user accounts and addresses are imported from an external system to the AccessUserAddresses table
To add additional addresses to a user account from backend:
- Open the user account details
- Click the Addresses button to switch to the address list (Figure 1.1)
- Click Add address in the toolbar to open the Edit address view (Figure 1.2)
As you can see, you have access to a number of standard address fields – they work in exactly the same manner as the corresponding standard user field does.
You also have the option of adding custom address fields.
Custom address fields
Custom address fields are used to hold information for which there is no standard field – pretty simple, actually. This can be necessary when working with address data from a region with a different standard address format than the one natively employed by Dynamicweb.
Custom address fields are created by navigating to Settings > Control Panel > Users and clicking Edit custom address fields (Figure 2.1)
This opens the custom address fields view (Figure 2.2) from where you can add new custom fields and specify a name, a system name, and a field type.
Addresses are stored in the AccessUserAddress-table - this does not contain the address stored in the user standard fields.
|Field name||Data type||Length|