Stock states are states which allow you to communicate to a customer whether a product is e.g. In Stock, Few in stock, or Out of stock without having to show them something as vulgar as a number. This can be useful in scenarios where stock is not directly retrieved from an ERP system, and stock levels on the website is therefore not always precise enough. It may also be used for stylistic purposes.
Stock states are created and managed from Settings > Ecommerce > Orders > Stock state.
To create a new stock state collection:
- Click New stock state Figure 1.1)
- Name the stock state collection
- Add a number of states using the Add new state button
- For each state, set a label and define when it is used – you can also set a Delivery time, a unit and an icon
When you’re done click Save and close.
To use a stock state collection:
- Go to Settings > Ecommerce > Product Catalog > Shops
- Select a shop and open the shop settings
- Under Default stock state select the stock state collection
Once a shop has a stock state collection defined you should be able to access the appropriate values in your templates.