An Editor Configuration is a configuration detailing which editor plugin and buttons to use when showing a rich-text editor – e.g. when using the forum app, when creating page content, and so on (Figure 1.1).
Dynamicweb ships with a default configuration using CKEditor4 – but it’s easy to create and apply custom configurations. This is typically relevant when you want to remove complexity from the editor – as you can see in the screenshot above, the default editor configuration contains a lot of styling options, some of which should not be available everywhere.
- To create a custom editor configuration:
- Go to Settings > Editor > Editor Configurations
- Click New editor configuration in the toolbar – then:
- Enter a name
- Select a type – currently you can choose between CKEditor 4 and TinyMCE 5
- Configure the chosen editor
So which editor should you choose? Well…
- CKEditor 4 is more powerful but also more complex
- TinyMCE 5 is less powerful but also simpler to configure
Once you’ve created a custom editor configuration you can use it by e.g. applying it for a specific user or a user group. You can also select it on a Forum app and wherever you’ve used an item field of the type Rich Text.
Anchor tags set via the Editor only work if the Global setting /Globalsettings/Settings/Designs/DoNotIncludeBaseHref is set to true.