Data Integration is the process of importing and exporting data to and from your Dynamicweb solution, either on an ad-hoc basis, on a schedule or in real-time.
Dynamicweb contains the following integration tools and features:
- The Data Integration module lets you create integration activities which accomplish a particular task, such as exporting or importing user data, exporting orders, etc.
- A Batch Integration uses scheduled tasks to import and export data at intervals (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.)
- A Live integration retrieves data from a remote system in real-time, and uses it to show e.g. live prices or stock states, or to create orders in a remote system as they are placed
To help you, we’ve created hands-on guides to help you get off to a good start with your part of an integration project:
There is no significant technical overhead when running the Integration Framework – it has been built for speed, security and robustness after all – so if you can run a Dynamicweb application you can use the Integration Framework.
- You must be able to install the DynamicwebConnector in the environment where the remote system resides
- The web service exposed by the DynamicwebConnector must be reachable from the Dynamicweb solution
- You must ensure that the relevant ports on the remote system environment can be reached
Additionally, some knowledge of XML is useful for debugging purposes.