PIM – Product Information Management – is a feature which lets you manage all aspects your product portfolio from one central location. This provides you with much greater control over all aspects of the product lifecycle than traditional setups.
With PIM you can deal with cross-department product information such as:
- Essential product data like names, titles, product numbers, descriptions, etc.
- Categorization and product relationships like categories, related products, etc.
- Digital assets like images, videos & documents
- Technical and logistical data like weight, volume, stock states & unit data
- Marketing data like keywords, SEO, etc.
- Localization of product data, e.g. descriptions, names, etc.
Dynamicweb PIM also features improved and optimized tools for creating workflows, for bulk-editing products, and for querying and enriching product data on the fly.
There is no significant technical overhead when using Dynamicweb PIM, but since it depends on the Dynamicweb Indexing framework and the Integration Framework, some knowledge of these is necessary during the configuration phase.
It is perfectly possible to work with PIM without technical knowledge, however.