It doesn’t matter if you’re big or small – all modern web solutions work with users.
Some need to administer only a small group of backend user, others need to handle thousands – or hundreds of thousands – of registered front-end users, customers, editors, and so forth.
Working with users in Dynamicweb is easy:
- Register users, and all the necessary information about them, using standard or custom user fields.
- See in-depth statistics on the behavior of each user on your website, and how they interact with your solution – order lists, email marketing statistics, loyalty point, saved credit cards, etc.
- Organize your users in User groups – and make user maintenance and administration easy.
- Enable users to register, login, or edit their user profiles with the Extranet app – or list groups of user on the frontend.
- Set permissions for individual users and user groups – and control which users have access to what content, and which apps – frontend and backend.
- Create dynamic user groups with user smart searches – based on user information, audit data, or even on the behavior of your users on your website or in relation to your email marketing efforts.
Users and user groups are managed from the Users area (Figure 1.1), which consists of a tree (1) and a content pane (2), where the content selected in the tree is rendered.
- Click on any of the nodes in the users tree to show the appropriate users in the content pane.
- Click on any of the users in the user list to open the user details view.
- Right-click the column headers to edit the columns being rendered.
- You can search standard and custom fields on a user via the search tool at the top of the users list