The Query Publisher app is an app for publishing index content to frontend – more specifically content returned by an index query. This is typically used to show a list of search results but can also be used to publish lists of users, files, and so on – basically anything which can be indexed.
In Figure 1.1 we’re publishing a list of users in a specific user group to frontend.
Using the app is straight forward – add the app to a paragraph in the standard manner then:
- Select a query to publish the results from – you can also enable search statistics
- Select a set of facets to render – and decide if you want to show facet options with no results
- Set up custom default parameter values and default sorting overriding the settings on the query if applicable
- Specify how many results per page you want (default is 10)
- If relevant enable spell check/suggestions
- Select a template for rendering the search results
All in all, the query publisher is a simple module which allows you to publish indexed content in a speedy and reliable manner. The only downside is that the index must be rebuilt to be up to date – which is not instantaneous – and that all content which you want to publish must be stored in the index field definitions.