The Monitoring center is a feature which allows you to:
- Monitor system events
- Set up notifications to alert key people when certain events occur
If included in your license, the Monitoring center is available from the area menu (Figure 1.1) – and consists of:
- An area tree (1)
- A content pane, here showing the Monitoring dashboard (2).
The monitoring center is only available for certain licenses – for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Monitoring dashboard is a regular dashboard preconfigured to show the state of various important system events such as:
- Scheduled task runs
- License updates
- SMTP errors
- Backend logins (incl. Failed logins)
Like all dashboards, you can add and remove widgets as you please – see the dashboards article for more information.
The Event viewer node provides you with quick and preconfigured access to lists of system events:
- All - lists all system events
- Errors - lists events classified as errors including failing SQL statements
- Warning - lists events classified as warnings
- Information - lists events classified as information
All lists share the same basic interface– the most recent event is shown at the top, a toolbar allows you to filter or search the list in various ways, and you can click use the Email notification button to create notifictions.
Read more about the event viewer.
Event viewer notifications are emails which are sent to key people when a certain system event occurs. The notifications can be configured quite extensively, which makes it possible to set up notifications for key parts of the solution separately, and with varying degrees of urgency.
To create a notification click Notifications in the area tree to open the notifications list (Figure 5.2).
From the notifications list you can:
- Click an existing notification to review and/or edit it
- Click add notification to create a new notification (Figure 5.3).
To configure the notification:
- Provide a name
- Configure the filter section:
- Select a category (or leave as All)
- Select the notification levels to include
- Specify a send interval defined as the minimum delay between notifications
- Specify recipients:
- Send Email notifies a list of emails
- Health monitoring service notifies a monitoring service
The Logs node is a conveniently located shortcut to the Logs tool available from Settings > Logs – it is used for:
- Deleting file & datavase logs automatically
- Browsing logs
Read more in the Logs documentation.