Channable is a service which integrates with more than 2500 price comparison websites, marketplaces and affiliates – e.g. Amazon, Google Shopping, Facebook, eBay, and many many others. As such, an integration with channable.com saves you from a lot of time and effort spent on creating and maintaining complex integrations to various channels.
An integration to Channable requires:
- A channable.com account
- A solution with Dynamicweb PIM
Basically, an integration to Channable means:
- Creating a feed which transforms data from Dynamicweb PIM into a format understood by Channable
- Creating a project in Channable consuming the feed
So let’s get started!
When you connect to Channable, you probably have some sales channels already in mind – and chances are some of these will require specific fields to be present on a product. Of course, in order for this information to be passed on to Channable it needs to exist in Dynamicweb, and it must be included in the feed which channable will consume.
To make things easier for you we’ve created a QuickSetup procedure which:
- Creates a product category with ~45 mandatory or recommended fields
- Creates a feed which included these fields as well as a number of standard fields
You don’t have to follow this procedure, but in most cases it will save you a lot of time.
The QuickSetup tool is based on three files which are updated and maintained by us when new fields are marked as mandatory or recommended by Channable. While these files are included on all new solutions when they are created, they might very well change over time – so to make sure you have the correct files you must:
- Go to Files/System/Integration and delete the ChannableFeedSetUp.xml file
- Go to Files/System/Integration/Jobs and remove the ChannableFeedQuickSetup.xml file
- Go to Files/Templates/Feeds and delete the channable_products_transformer.xslt file
- Go to Settings > System > System Information and rerun the update script from position 2000
This ensures that you have the latest version of the files – the next step is to create a one-time-only integration job which will create Channable fields and a feed for the solution:
- Go to Setting > Integration > Data Integration
- Click New activity
- Select the XML Provider as the source provider, then:
- Use the Source file file selector to browse to /System/Integration and select the ChannableFeedSetup.xml file
- Click Next
- Select the Dynamicweb Provider as the destination provider
- Click Next
- Include all source tables
- Click Finish and name the job, e.g. Channable Setup
- Click Save & Run in the toolbar
After the job has been succesfully executed:
- Go to Setttings > Ecommerce > Product Catalog > Product categories and verify that you now have a category called ChannableFields. Apply the product category to any group containing products which should be exported to Channable, typically this will be one or more Channel groups, but it depends on your setup.
- Go to PIM > Feeds and verify that you have a feed called Channable Feed – you may have to recycle the application pool for this to show up
Now, the feed is not completely configured – we can’t know the name of your query nor the context you want to include in the feed:
- Right-click the Channable feed and click Edit feed
- Select the query containing the products you want to export
- Define the context:
- Select one or more languages
- Select one or more currencies
- Select a channel
The context is relevant for determining which context-sensitive properties to publish to the feed, e.g. image patterns, group structures and so on.
Open the feed URL in frontend and verify that the output looks as expected.
Setup import in Channable
The instructions in this section may not be accurate, since they describe procedures on on a external system over which we have no control. If you encounter any issues, please contact Channable support and also kindly let us know that we need to revise this guide. Thank you.
After you’ve set up the Dynamicweb side of the integration, you need to create a project in Channable which consumes the feed.
Login to Channable.com and create a new project:
- Under Setup select XML
- Name the import
- Enter the feed URL as the XML file URL – this URL must be public, of course – and press continue
- Review and edit mappings, if necessary
- Click Save & Import
The import will now run and you will be able to work with the imported products – items in Channable terms – as per usual.