Stock Validation Notification
Stock validation notification is a tool to alert customers when they are trying to add more products than are in stock to the cart. This means that customers will be alerted the moment they add products to cart instead of waiting for the checkout process.
For this feature to work you only need to do some changes in the backend. There are no configuration options for this in the column settings, as all the configuration happens in the general settings.
- On the left side panel, click on settings at the bottom of the panel.
- Click on Ecommerce -> Advanced configuration -> Shopping cart
- Scroll to the Product reservation section
- In the “Minutes the products in cart are reserved” enter “15”
- In “Reserve products” choose “Reserve when product is added to cart”
When this is done, scroll to the top and click Save and close. Now customers will be alerted when they are trying to add more products than are in stock to the cart.