Types of articles
There are two types of documentation articles in the manual:
- How-tos which are step-by-step descriptions of how to accomplish a specific task, but may be simplified or leave out non-critical details
- Feature articles which describe a feature in general terms – and in full detail
A feature article will always be structured in the same way.
- A Main section will introduce you to the feature, and explain where to locate it and how to find it. This section would also include:
- Topics of special interest to implementers and front-enders
- Information for developers on e.g. creating custom providers, the API and notification subscribers
- Information on data storage, and import/export of data
- A Database section covering the tables and constrains relevant to the feature
To help you find what you need, the right-side menu is stickied – and allows you to quickly jump between sections.
How-tos can cover anything – from Installing Dynamicweb to setting up a Google merchant feed.
They have no fixed structure, but are presented in a way which makes sense in relation to the task at hand.
Here are some of our most popular how-tos: