DW 9.14 Release Notes
Release date: August 30th 2022
Dynamicweb 9.14 is a transitional release which – due to the imminent release of Dynamicweb 10 – contains mainly minor feature requests & improvements, in addition to security-related features.
The main focus has been on improving our ViewModels and tweaking web api behavior, as well as maintenance on some of our payment & shipping providers.
One significant PIM feature is released – namely the ability to set permissions explicitly on product fields.
Here is the list of improvements in Dynamicweb 9.14.
You can now set permissions on product fields – standard AND custom – by navigating to Settings > Ecommerce > Advanced Configuration > Field Permissions (Figure 2.1). This makes it possible to directly control who can see what in frontend and backend.
Our various ViewModels have been improved:
- A new property – IncludeFoldersAndHidden – makes it possible to generate e.g. breadcrumbs, sitemaps, and more.
- UserViewModel – added properties:
- ProductListViewModel & ProductViewModel
- The default sort & parameter values from product catalog added to model
- Removed StandardFields property due to redundant data & performance issues
- Added a DiscountViewModel
- Added metadata keywords & descriptions to models
- Content ViewModels
- Added comment count to ParagraphViewModel
- Added a Contrast-method to the ColorViewModel
- Added quantity property
- Added TrackAndTrace information
- Various extension methods implemented
For Ecommerce, we've made minor improvements to two payment gateways:
- Added new payment methods to QuickPay Payment Window add-in:
- Apple Pay
- Anyday split
- Google Pay
- Klarna payments
- Mobilepay Subscriptions
- Altapay is now Altapay again instead of Valitor
Our API has also been improved with a set of often requested features:
- The Cart-endpoint now returns more information about a cart, e.g. name, created date, modified date, shopid and cartid.
- Made location api in tracking public
- The GetUserByExternalId method is now public
- Regions added to International endpoint
- Support for assortments in Products endpoint
- Made the ExportProducts endpoint async, so that it first returns an OK/NOT OK to the client, and then afterwards returns the zip with product data
In addition we've implemented the following minor features:
- Content: Visual Editor mode now supports permissions on content
- PIM: Improved performance of PIM Export to Excel
- Repositories: Added additional skip-options for the ProductIndexBuilder; SkipOrderHistory, SkipCampaign, and SkipAssortments
- Cart Commands
- The cart command createnew now includes the shopId and can take an ordercontextid
- The copy cart command now applies the current shop context to a new cart
- Support for lossless compression of webp images (quality = -1)
- Added support for .tiff files in image selector
- Various performance improvements
- Various security fixes