Dynamicweb Scope of release policy
Dynamicweb 9 is distributed in two ways:
- As a standalone application in a manner similar to previous versions of Dynamicweb
- As a collection of packages which can be updated dynamically from our NuGet feed
The standalone applications are released as follows:
- Majors (DW 8, DW 9) are released every 2-3 years
- Minors (DW 9.1, DW 9.2) are released biannually - in January and August
- Service releases/Hotfixes (DW 9.1.1, DW 9.2.2) are released on Tuesdays, on a need-to basis
Packages for package-based solutions are released on a running basis, although select packages are released only when majors are released.
In our release policy, you'll get a quick overview of how long the recently released versions and upcoming Dynamicweb versions will be actively supported, for how long they will be bug fixed and include security fixes/improvements.
To better understand the meaning of the color schemes, please read the bullet points below:
- Active Support: Dynamicweb versions that are currently supported
- Recommended version: Versions with this color will still be maintained with bug fixes
- Security: Versions with this color will only include security-related support