Between versions, Dynamicweb may make minor database changes or add new standard-templates and other files. Usually these updates are applied automatically, but occasionally they may fail – e.g. if the database user has the wrong permissions and due to other unforeseen reasons.
When this happens you may experience errors in backend and frontend – they can then often be solved by rerunning the updates.
Rerun updates on versions older than 9.14
In versions prior to Dynamicweb 9.14 the updates were applied by an update script. This script can be run in 2 ways:
From the backend:
- Login as an administrator user
- Go to Settings > System > System Information and scroll to the bottom
- Change the "updates.xml.aspx" field to 2000 - this means that all update scripts from that file/database version will be re-applied if not applied already
- Click Rerun updates
By changing the update file directly:
- On the server, find the folder /Files and the file Updates.xml or Updates.xml.aspx
- Open it in a text editor
- Change the version to 2000
- Run a IISRESET