Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Forms for editors e-mail receipt

Forms for editors e-mail receipt

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

Unless I misunderstand something completely, the receipt e-mails use a template with hardcoded things like the dynamicweb logo. 

The only way to change this is to create an custom template or to modiy one of the existing temmplates DefaultMail.cshtml or DefaultMailReceipt.chstml ? No option to treat this as content, or anything available with a design more inline with the Swift design?

Thanks,

Justin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Until now, that is how you would need to do it.

In Swift 1.19 and with 9.15.3 we are starting to support page based email templates - aka system emails in Swift.

That means you can design (part of) the email - like branding and surrounding text - using visual editor. The places you have the form, you switch from "automatic" to "page" under template, and select an email based page created for the forms.

Though - form receipts and cart receipts are not supported yet - we have not made that work completely yet.

Votes for this answer: 1

Martin Ottesen
Martin Ottesen

Hi Nicolai, 

Is it correct that a form receipt will still not include the actual information typed in the form, and just the text from the page chosen, as, in your example above, it would just send out "From email - Visitor receipt?"

At least thats what I'm getting with 1.22 email template files.

Which means I can't yet get my email header and footer on my form receipts.

/Martin

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

You have to create a template for the email visual editor that will render the form fields. You have to use the special system email template things found here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/swift/setup-project/other/emails#26501

You might have an issue with template loops in the system email template tag format. 

You might be able to insert a forms module in the system email and select a recepeipt template. It will render a receipt if the system email is rendered in the context of a form receipt page. This is very hard to understand for anyone who did not code it, and I have not tried it my self... :-)

Martin Ottesen
Martin Ottesen

Hi Nicolai, 

So I have to create a new template for this to work, and it is not something I would be able to do right away in the visual editor using template tags.

Is that because the form fields do not have template tags, or am I just not smart enough to understand? ðŸ˜…

So a the moment I am not able to render the form fields in a form like below without template changes?

I did not understand the second part at all.

You must be logged in to post in the forum