Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Multiple Catalog Apps

Multiple Catalog Apps

Tomas Gomez

Hi,

I tried to place several Catalog Apps in the same page, to render different blocks of related products for up-selling, cross-selling, etc. The idea is to configure each Catalog App with a different custom query, so a different kind of related products would be rendered in every Catalog App.

The first problem is that the "ProductsRender" template cannot be used twice in the same page, as the IDs of the blocks get repeated and the products appear only in the first CAtalog App (the second Catalog App appears empty). The other issue is about the feed, as the page seems to have only one feed (accessed by the "feed=true" parameter in the URL) and I need a different feed for each Catalog App.

I feel there should be an easier solution. Am I missing something? Is there any other strategy to render multiple Catalog App in the same page?

Regards,
Tomas

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Tomas

This sounds like Rapido specific - and its implemenation do not support running multiple catalogs on the same page without changing the templates.

Also I do not recommend adding many lists of products on the same page like this, as it will slow down the load.

Instead Rapido comes with "Promotion" products that you can use instead. See https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/configuration/creating-content/products-on-frontpage This feature uses a async json feed which gets data from a query - you can call that page like this: /Default.aspx?ID=577&Combinations=PROD107,PROD136,PROD137,PROD138,PROD20,PROD21 and let the product IDs come from something you control.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

So much better alternative! Thanks, that's exactly what we need :-)

Regards,
Tomas

You must be logged in to post in the forum