Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Missing tags in Cart

Missing tags in Cart

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We have been managing the absence of some tags for some time, but with the introdution of Swift, it really shows it's need. Consider the attachments:

• We have the step before payment. Notice the
    • Breadcrumb (Steps)
    • Summary (rendered based on current step)
    • Orderline image
  • Payment step
    • All of the highlighted above are missing

This is because some tags are not available:

• GetLoop("StepButtons")
    (with the same tags as a regular step)
  • orderline.GetString("Ecom:Product.PrimaryImage")

Can these be added, so that we don't need to customize these templates?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

BeforePayment.jpg Payment.jpg

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue with Swift solution based on last DW9.13.2, here is video about my check.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

I'm talking about the next step. You'd need to select a payment method that has a template, to reproduce the issue.

Does that make sense?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov
Hi, my video shows the same step mentioned in your pic. Please, provide video regarding your scenario not to have a misunderstanding. Thanks. BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Here's the video https://www.screencast.com/t/ffsllAtNBbw, It happens after you click "Place Order", for the payment providers that have a template.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

I was not able to reproduce the issue with QuickPay payment uses templates, video.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

There is something wrong with your link, so I cannot confirm it.

But I looked at the templates in Swif's Github Repo and the Files we can download (in case they were different) and there are no templates for QuickPay, which makes me wonder that what's implemented for QuickPay is a Redirect, but I would need your video to confirm.

In any case we see this with all of our Payment Providers, meaning that all templates (Post, Error, Cancel) from all of our Providers (Authorize.net, ChargeLogic, eBizCharge, Cybersource, ...) don't have these tags. I also looked at the source code for the CheckoutHandlers and there is nothing specific on them that we should be doing to have the cart tags available. It sounds like the backend developers need to do that elsewhere, where it becomes available for any checkout handler (just like some of the cart/order tags are already there).

Hope this makes more sense.

BR

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov
Hi Nuno, Sorry, I'm confused, since your first post above describes issue on payment step but not in checkout templates. So, it's new feature should provide the loop&tags there, right? Please, confirm. If it's so, the topic could be posted in appropriate category. BR, Oleg

Nicolai Pedersen

I think this issue is related to the special feature of inline payment gateways - at that step only the gateway renders.

We need to take a deeper dive and probably change some things in the cart module to handle this. I do no think this is an easy fix...

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai and Oleg,

I'm sorry for the confusing terminology. Nicolai is accurate in his assessement. Hopefully it will be easier than antecipated :)

Is that enough to properly categorize it?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai and Oleg,

Can you guys give me an update on this one?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai and Oleg,

Can any of you comment on this? I am really trying to avoid having to customize standard templates because of standard information.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai and Oleg,

Can I get an update on this?

I am really trying to request things with enough time to handle project deliverables and getting some code into Swift keeping the templates clean and without any custom logic, especially since the end goal are a basic checkout using Swift's design and standard features from standard payment providers.

BR,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

I've created new task 7788 to implement the feature.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Thank you Oleg. Looking forward to seeing this implemented

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

If it helps the team, we can provide the templates we already built for AuthorizeNet, EbizCharge, Cybersource and ChargeLogic using Swift's layout, where the issue becomes really obvious. We want to add them to Swift anyway. If so, let me know and where I should put them (email, Swift Git branch, Dynamicweb Git branch, ...)

BR,

Nuno

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

please, mail the zipped templates to me and CC to MVA (Merethe) as person is responsible to QA for Swift project. I'll add the templates to task as well to use them during implementation and test. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Sounds good. I just di, so you should have it in your inbox (samre as Merethe).

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

received, attached to 7788, thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Any news on this?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Any news on #7788? I can see it was scheduled for a sprint in May, but hasn't been updated in a while.

BR,
Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno

The question is in responsibility of our management only, so refer to them with all questions regarding the scheduling etc. Please, find my mail where you have been copied as well. 

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum