Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Fixed product tax - Ecological tax - WEEE

Fixed product tax - Ecological tax - WEEE

Davy Capiau

Hi,

How do you set up Fixed Product Tax in DW9?

Definition:

In some countries, FPT can be used to set up a Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) tax. This tax is also known as ecological tax or eco tax, and is collected on certain types of electronics to offset the cost of recycling. It is a fixed amount, rather than a percentage of the product price.

Via Vat groups you can only define percentage-based-taxes.

Kind regards

Davy

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Davy

You can use sales taxes for that: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/ecommerce/other/taxes

For your case you need to use the flattax provider: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/ecommerce/other/taxes/flat-rate

With that you can set a percentage or a fixed amount for all or given products and/or groups.

Sales tax does not get VAT applied on them - so take that into consideration.

You migth need some changes to cart and checkout flow if you want to show the tax amount in seperate lines - otherwise it is included in the totals.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Davy Capiau

HI NIcolai,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't fully understand the following:

"Sales tax does not get VAT applied on them - so take that into consideration"

In my initial example I describe 'eco tax'. It's an extra tax applied on a product. But this doesn't rule out regular VAT. The product should have VAT & eco tax. Following your statement I understand it's not possible?

Kr

Davy

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I think what Nicolai says is that the sales tax (Eco tax) itself is not taxed. So you would get the following in the cart:

1 product at a prcie of X
1 time 25% (or whatever your VAT rate is) over X
1 time fixed amout Eco tax

Total cart: (1X + 0.25X) + Eco tax

Does that help?

Imar

Davy Capiau

Hi Imar,

Clear, thanks!

You must be logged in to post in the forum