Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » SendGrid Delivery Provider

SendGrid Delivery Provider

Keerthy Sethupathy

Greetings, 

After upgrading to 9.8.9, the setup for Delivery Providers has changed. 
I now requires an API Key instead of username and password to the SendGrid Account. I have created an API Key inside SendGrids Administration, but after inserting it into Dynamicweb, 
It does not seem work. Any pointers to what the correct way is and what i changed in the code on your behalf?

2020-07-29_15-04-38.png

Replies

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Keerthy,

I've tested SendGrid provider in 9.8.9, and for me it works. Would you please specify what doesn't work for you exactly (new created provider not saving with entered API key in Settings? or you cannot send email via Marketing with selected SendGrid provider?) + please attach video/screenshots.

Here are my steps (to avoid misunderstanding):

1. Go to https://sendgrid.com/pricing > select a Free plan > create your new account > log in your account and go to Settings/API keys, create a new key and copy it

2. In Dynamicweb Admin go to Settings/Marketing/Email marketing/Delivery providers and create a provider of type "SendGrid"

3. Paste your key into "API key" field, leave "UserName" and "Password" fields empty > Save

4. Go to Marketing/Email marketing/DefaultTopFolder > create new email > fill in required fields, switch to Avanced tab > click "Delivery provider" ribbon-button and select SendGrid as a Delivery provider > send email 

Please also see attached screenshots.

Best regards,
Olga | QA

Best regards,
Olga | QA
SendGrid1.png SendGrid2.png SendGrid3.png

Keerthy Sethupathy

Greetings Olga,

I cannot send email via Marketing with selected SendGrid provider

From your first picture you are inserting the Api Key Reference, and not the actual API Key, as that would be more than 22 characters. 

Nevertheless i tried doing it your way, and it still does not work. I am 100% sure that your email also ends up in the Draft folder. 

I get this error. 

SendGrid returned an error '.NET HttpRequestException, raw message: 

An error occurred while sending the request.' for message 'TEST April 2017' - 

at Dynamicweb.Mailing.DeliveryProviders.SendGridProvider.SendGridProvider.Deliver(MailMessage mailMessage)
   at Dynamicweb.Mailing.MessageDeliverer.Deliver(MailMessage mail, Recipient recipient)

Nay Chi Phyo Dynamicweb Employee
Nay Chi Phyo

Hi all, 

I also faced that kind of problem in my SendGrid provider. 

I configured the SendGrid account under Marketing >> Delivery providers, and try to Send Now. But it is not sent to the user email and end up in the Draft folder. 

Any idea on the configuration and how to fix it? 

Could you please help to check on the issue, as we need urgently on this function? 

Thanks and Regards,

Nay Chi

Nay Chi Phyo

Hi Support,

Any update?

I attached the images to be clear about what I have done on my site. Please kindly check and some suggestions that I can get from you. 

Thanks and Regards,

Nay Chi

Drafts.PNG provider.png sendGrid.png

Elena Anisimova
Elena Anisimova

Dear Support,

Could you please help us ASAP? We tried to use API Key and API Key ID but nothing works and no obvious error for us to get a clue.

Please help to let us know what is missing? Kindly refer to the two above posts from Nay Chi.

Regards,
Elena

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Elena and Nay Chi,

If you need help ASAP it is better to contact the support team directly and provide information about how to access to the solution, so that they can take a closer look at this.

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/service-desk

Best regards,
Morten

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Yes, for us it still works with inserted API key in settings only - emails are sending without errors (https://www.screencast.com/t/SBIE2FLO), so it's better to contact support directly to check what's going on on your solutions.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nay Chi,

Please make sure that you have configured the right permissions for the API Key in your Sendgrid account.

Otherwise, it will not allow you to send emails.

Adrian 

Nay Chi Phyo

Hi Adrian, 

I gave full access permission to my account. Any suggestion on it?

Regards,

Nay Chi

fullaccess.PNG

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nay Chi,

It looks fine.

I don't have other suggestions.

What about the address that is sending the emails?

Have you white-labeled the domain?

From the screenshots, It is unclear why and when it fails. If it fails when authenticating or when trying to send.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum