Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Move preheader before the tracking pixel - not moved

Move preheader before the tracking pixel - not moved

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I was tracking Improvement 21397 (Move preheader before the tracking pixel), released in 8.7.2.8, but in 8.8.1.12 it does not seems available.

I was under the impression that was also in the 8.8.1 branch (not sure which hotfix), but recent test do not reproduce that.

Can anyone confirm?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

It was created in 8.8.1.0 branch and merged to 8.8 and 8.7 and 9.0.

According to code, it is still there.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Here's my repro and results from both 8.8.1.5 (production website) and 8.8.1.12 (test website)

I did this from www.lorenz.com.

Can you repro and/or confirm?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on our test environment based on 8816 and later. Tested email clients - Office 365 (browser version) and MS Office 2013, delivery providers  - SendGrid (with/without Goole tracking) and Default DW provider. Please, find the proof - http://screencast.com/t/v8emNEWe 

BR, Oleg QA

Nicolai Pedersen

Nuno, could you have some tags in your template that renders in a different order?

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai and Oleg,

I had checked and the frontend developer had indeed placed the pre-header tag within a <div>. That fixed it, but I have a new issue now.

I am using Outlook 2016 and my pre-header text is rendered. I am attaching the screen dump and the email source code.

Could this be simply related to Outlook 2016? I tried to google about it and found people suggesting adding "mso-hide: all"

Best Regards,

Nuno

EmailPreHeader.JPG

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Ok, wrap the clean preheader in some markup that works then. I'll change it for 8.9, TFS#25858

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for confirming. And I did add change my markup and placed the tracking pixel after the preheader (clean) and works perfectly.

Thank you.

Nuno

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Nuno

The problem regarding #25858 "Change the preheader html" has been resolved in Dynamicweb version 8.9.0.0+

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Nuno Aguiar

Thank you Kristian.

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nuno,

Do you have a confirmation this thing is solved?
I cannot make ot work on 8.9.0.2 on Rizzo and I assume you are using the same email templates as I do.

The preheader looks fine on web based gmail, on my Android Phone but not on Outlook 2016.

I keep seeing the html code of the tracking pixel, although I have placed the template tag (EmailMarketing:Email.TrackingImage) after the Preheader Span.

Could it be something in my template? Maybe the doctype declaration or something else from the meta information?

Thanks,

Adrian

2016-11-08_0025.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum