Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Mails from Event viewer

Mails from Event viewer

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hello,

Is it possible to receive mails from the Event viewer e.g. when errors are logged?

Best regards, Anders

Replies

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Anders,

Yes, that is part of the feature. However, it's been hidden behind licensing, so you have to have a Cloud-something license to access it (email-notifications are part of the Monitoring license deal).

BR

Martin

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Morten,

Thanks for answering. Where can I then find the feature on solutions hosted in the Cloud?

I do not think it is reasonable to hide this feature for non-Cloud customers - who should I talk to?

Best regards, Anders

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Anders,

If you have a cloud-hosted / licensed site, you can find it as an accordion button in the site - the same as Marketing etc.

You have to talk with Nicolai about it. It was his decission that it should recide behind a license.

BR

Martin

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Anders

The entire monitoring tools are part of Cloud license only and can be combined with a service where Dynamicweb support monitors events on the site that should be taken care of - i.e. integrations, schedules and indexes that does not run correctly etc.. But the event viewer is available for all from settings->System.

Documentation related to setup: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/areas/monitoring

BR Nicolai

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Nicolai,

I am aware of the cloud concept, but I think it is a needed feature to be able to send mails from the event viewer for large custom solutions hosted locally.

Can we try to discuss this feature?

Best regards, Anders

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Anders

Yes, lets get on a call to discuss. Just discussed internally and this is a feature we want to keep for cloud licenses to push cloud subscriptions and the other monitoring services that comes along. We can consider making this part of the enterprise licenses.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum