Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Configure 2 website on the same solution in IIS

Configure 2 website on the same solution in IIS

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a question about best practice when configuring 2 websites in the same solution in IIS.

I see 2 possibilities:

1. Configure 1 website in IIS with multiple bindings and a single ApplicationPool

2. Configure 2 websites in IIS with separate bindings and separate ApplicationPools.

I would prefer option #2 but from what I have noticed, the problem with scenario 2 is the update of the content. If I make a change in the backend, the change is not reflected on the frontend until Application pool is recycled.

My main aim is to improve performance and separate the influence of website1 to website 2

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I guess it is the same website - and not 2 different?

Solution number 2 above is NLB and requires NLB (enterprise) license - and that you setup the NLB feature in Dynamicweb - that will handle the cache invalidation across nodes.

See https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/platform-tools/load-balancing

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

By "2 websites" I mean 2 separate Dynamicweb websites, each one with its own URL.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

2 websites one solution. That would be NLB

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you. I will have to go with option #1 in this case but I will keep it in mind for future projects.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum