Developer forum

Forum » Templates » Adding new partials to components

Adding new partials to components

Stephen Jackson

Hello

I am trying to make a new reusable component to display product information, and one of the features I want to add is a custom field for the products we wish to show.

I therefore want to add a new partial to the list of available product partials for components, but adding this in item types under Swift/Paragraphs/ProductPartial, results in no new type listed in the "Columns" section when using the component builder.

I have scoured the menus for a "Component" type which I can alter restrictions on to allow this custom type, but have not found where these rules are set.

Can someone help me?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Stephen 

You can find the restrictions on the actual item type. See the documentation here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/content/items/item-types#sideNavTitle1-5

Hope this helps!

BR Nicolai

Suzi Louring

Hi Stephen

Maybe you need to add it here:

/Suzi

Stephen Jackson

Thanks! Its a big confusing with the permissions systems in the item types. I am looking forward to getting us up to 9.15.12 where Ive heard its the child who decides, instead of modifying settings in standard swift types which are prone to overwrites.

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Stephen

Yes, we agree - it is not always that simple to understand. And there is this new way where the child can decide under which parents it belongs to.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum