Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Products without image pattern bug?

Products without image pattern bug?

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if I am doing anything wrong here?

https://www.screencast.com/t/XoGmZltzVI

I am simply getting a list of products without the default image pattern in DW 9.9.1 but it does not seem to be processing it correctly.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nuno Aguiar

bump

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Nuno,

The 'Images from ImagePatterns' in the ProductIndex only works when you are using the new ImagePatterns. Your video didn't show if you were using the old ImagePatterns or the new ImagePatterns, but that could be the reason why the product shows up even though it has an image.

Best regards,

Steffen

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Steffen,

Well, I am, unless it does not work with Compatibility mode enabled. In fact I tested and got the same results. I actually had to re-enable Compatibility mode otherwise the frontend (Rapido) would not render the "missing image" image file.

Is there anything else that you can think of? I'm working in 9.9.1 here

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Nuno,

I think here's a bug related to 'Primary Image from Details' and 'Primary Image from ImagePattern'.
I think if you switch to 'Primary Image from Details or ImagePattern' instead, I would expect the query to return the correct result.

Best regards,

Steffen

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Steffen,

I do get results if I use "Primary Image from Details or ImagePattern", but that's not what the customer wants. If you can confirm the bug and TFS #, I can keep track of it. I might have to do a workaround (IndexBuilderExtender) depending on when this can get fixed :(

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Steffen Kruse Hansen
This post has been marked as an answer

There should only be a problem with using the 'Primary Image from Details or ImagePattern' if the customer uses both types of images as the primary image on a product. If they don't have primary details set on the products, the field will work in the same way as 'Primary Image from ImagePatterns'

I have created the bug (TFS#88206).

I'm working on fixing the issue as we speak, so hopefully, it can be released within a day or two in a new Ecommerce package into Nuget, but it could require you to upgrade the solution to a newer 9.9 release.

Best regards,

Steffen

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Steffen,

This is perfect, thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Nuno

The problem TFS#88206 regarding  'Primary Image from ImagePattern' and 'Primary Image from Details' is never filled with any data has now been fixed in Package "Dynamicweb.Ecommerce" version 1.9.43

You are able to find this update in the backend Package update section.

Also the correction are part of the 9.9.6 release 

You are able to find this build in the download section:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/releases

Please contact Dynamicweb Support if you need any additional help regarding this.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Kristian,

I still see the issue after upgrading to 9.9.6 https://www.screencast.com/t/0132FbHf

And I doing this correctly?

Nuno Aguiar

Helene Kjærbøl

I see the same as Nuno after upgrading to 9.9.6 - so still not possible to make a query that shows products missing images, whan using image pattern...

BR Helene

Søren Ravn Lund

Bump, I also have the issue on 9.9.6

You must be logged in to post in the forum