Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Using Facets to filter a product list - on a product detail page

Using Facets to filter a product list - on a product detail page

Morten

Hi,

I'm trying to show my facets for filtering on both the productlist and on the product detail page.

My setup is much like this - and it works like a charm on the productlist:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/how-tos/general/using-facets-to-filter-a-product-list

But on the product detail page the FacetGroups are all empty.

Is it not possible to use the same filters and repository on the product detail page?

/Morten

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

That is not possible - and I have a really hard time to understand what you want... Showing one product, there is nothing to filter - since one product will be one document in the index...

So, try to tell us your use case and then we might be able to put you in the right direction.

BR Nicolai

Morten

Well, it is possible - by using a copy of the ecommerce paragraph/modul (containing the filter + avoiding URL param.) + RenderParagraphContent on the product-detail page ;)
With that we can fullfill  the clients wish - by having the product, related products and the filters for the full index on the product detail page. The filters are shown to let the customer refine/continue there search.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hm, sounds quirky :-). Never seen that before!

So - still the issue? Or did you solve it? Not sure I can help without digging further into the implemenation.

NP

Morten

Solved...

You must be logged in to post in the forum