Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Show Price without VAT in Edit Order and Edit Quote

Show Price without VAT in Edit Order and Edit Quote

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I have this request from our newest client that they want to be able to edit the price on Quotes without VAT.

Most often, especially in B2B scenarios, the Sales Reps have the Price without VAT as a reference. Which makes editing a quote (or an order) a tedious task because they need to calculate the price with VAT everytime. And sometimes the VAT rate is different from one product to another, which makes editing a quote even harder.

Is there any way I can accomplish this behavior?

I am using 9.2.14.

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Currently not...

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your answer. I suppose this is not a priority, not even on the long run since most of your solutions are integrated with ERP.

I am considering moving the edit quote functionality in front-end in order to make a few more adjustment. Filter by responsible person, display prices without VAT etc. What I don;t know yet is if I will have any methods exposed from the API in order to accomplish this task. I know some of the methods and functions are not available for development purposes.

Can you guide me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Adrian  

Roald Haahr

Hi guys,

We are running a solution on a DW 9.15.3 and we are having a similar request, where a client wants to be able to edit prices without VAT on quotes. Are there any updates on this, Nicolai? The current solution where VAT is added to the unit price is not B2B friendly.

If not possible in the backend, how did you end up solving it, Adrian?

Kind regards
Roald

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

It is still not build into DW.

Bjørn Bihlet

Hi,

Is this feature on the roadmap in the forseeable future? We have another customer requesting this functionality.

BR Bjørn

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi All

Well, better late than never. The feature to make it possible to edit orders by setting unit price without vat.

Now part of Dynamicweb release 9.15.9 

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Roald Haahr

Hi,

Sounds good, Kristian - thanks. I just want to make sure: Does this new feature also make it possible to edit quote prices without VAT, or is it only possible for orders?

Also, I imagine that I have to tick a checkbox somewhere to enable the feature. Where do I find the setting?

Kind regards,
Roald

Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Roald

Using version 9.15.9 it is now possible to edit Unit Price without VAT both in Orders and in Quotes.
Edit an Order or Quote and look for the new column:

UNIT PRICE (NO VAT)

In Settings > Ecommerce > Advanced Configuration > General 
You find edit and delete permissions settings for Orders 

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Roald Haahr

Hi Kristian,

It works great in the English version of the backend, but in the Danish version that the customer prefers to use, something weird is happening to the entered prices without VAT. If I e.g. enter 15 the saved value is 1500. I have also reported this issue regarding an error with decimal numbers in the Danish edit order flow. The two issues might be related.

I notice that the Unit price (No VAT) is hidden on the order until you press edit. I know our customer would appreciate to be able to see this price before edit as well.

Kind regards,
Roald

Before save

After save

Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Roald

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware that there is a problem with the separator in Danish and edit orders (Bug #14618)
So for now as workaround use "English" backend

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum