Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Product discounts slow in ecommerce backend

Product discounts slow in ecommerce backend

Gunnar Örn Baldursson

Hi,

one of our customers has been reporting that Product discounts view (Ecommerce > Discounts & Offers > Shop > Product discounts) on the backend is slow. The initial view load is around 11s and everytime they edit a discount and either save & close or cancel, they wait another 11s to load the discounts again.

I've taken steps to reduce the amount of data in EcomOrders and EcomOrderLines, upgraded their solution to 9.16.6 and advised them to remove discounts if they're not using them anymore. Still, at the moment it's only a list of around 130 product discounts (orderline exclusive), some inactive and maybe half been used at least once, and the network response time to load them is 11s server side. Does anyone know if there is anything else I could be looking at as the reason for the slow response time?

Added a screenshot as an attachment of the network request

Screenshot_2024-01-10_discountsview.png

Replies

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

put sql profiler and try, then you can find which takes more time

Gunnar Örn Baldursson

We did run the SQL Profiler and we added an extra index which brought the query time down to ~3.5s for the shop with 130 discounts. It's more manageable now for this customer, at least.

It would be kinda nice if the underlying query could get optimized based on what fields the user is interested in seeing, if I'm only looking up discounts by name, it's the same speed as when I'm displaying the columns showing how many times each discount has been applied on orders.

You must be logged in to post in the forum