Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Permissions in eCom

Permissions in eCom

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I am trying to set up permission so that a user group "Produktchefer" has access to a couple of productgroups. 

I have set the permissions to "Full" for that group on the Product Catalog node. 

But when I log in with a user in that group I cannot see the "Product Catalog" node. If I do the same with the "RMA" node, it works as expected. 

What am I missing?

Regards / Aki

Replies

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi again, 

I doscivered that if I set "Marketing" to "None" or "Read" then the Shops in eCommerce are not visible (as in the screenshot in previous post).

Is there a logic to that or is it a bug? 

And if there is a logic, how can a set the permission to allow users access to eCom-shops but not Marketing?

Regards / Aki

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

I have asked QA to check this.

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Aki,

Your description nothing says about permissions on the shop node as well as for other nodes on Ecommerce area (perhaps, they are set to "None" for the group(s)). Besides, the last screen says about not set permissions on Ecommerce area, what user do you use, either some one has admin roles to always have access to the area or the screen is not related to group mentioned in first screen? I've played with permisions on Ecommerce area on Swift solution based on last 9.15.8 admin and was not able to catch any issue, please have a look at video one and two about my check.

BR, Oleg 

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the input. That is what I am trying to achieve. I hope you  can help me figure out what the problem is. 

The user I test with is only in the usergroup "Produktchefer". 

I have set "Full" permisson on "eCommerce" and the node "Produktkatalog" and the shop and some eom-groups.

I have attached a screenrecording. 

Regards / Aki

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Thanks for extra specifications, we are in investigation with it. First of all, please, confirm you use not old admin version but at least one like mine.

BR, Oleg QA

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I'm using 9.15.6. Here is the URL for the staging environment http://rental.mindflower.se/admin

Regards / Aki

Oleg Rodionov

Hi, 

great, and please provide credentials for an user has administrator right and backend access to the solution (e.g. by mailing to my address). I have no angel access, sorry.

BR, Oleg QA  

Oleg Rodionov

Hi, 

I see the issue on my test environment as well as on yours. It's reproduced with permissions Areas-Modules in "None" only (not with "Read" and not with "Marketing" as you have described above). So, we are in discussing about it's valid behaviour(other nodes should be hidden in the case in Ecom area) or bug (no limitation shoudl be done there ). Final results will be provided here later. So, you can temporarry use other permissions except "None" in Modules.

BR, Oleg QA

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

OK, thanks for the help Oleg. I guess we can live with showing "Modules" for that group of users. :) 

Regards / Aki

You must be logged in to post in the forum