Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Page size on Ledger Items list

Page size on Ledger Items list

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

i have a solution running 8.9.2.5.

I have a list of Ledger Items that contains 23 records.

I have set the PageSize to be 10 (as I usually do) and now the List of ledger Items is limited to 10 elements, meaning that the PageNum tag always retuns 1 no matter the PageSize I select.

I believe this is a bug unless I miss any setting. I cannot run the TemplateTags in the page because it retuns a Null error.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Ryan Meade Dynamicweb Employee
Ryan Meade

Denmark team, any thoughts on this issue that Adrian has surface? We'd love some clarity on what next steps we need to take. 

Thanks

Ryan

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Ryan and Adrian

Not sure I fully understand the issue - maybe ellaborate with a screendump?

I've asked QA to take a look at this.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Nothing fancy about it.

Set the page size on the module and check the Loop Count. It will have the same value. And because of this, the paging will not activate.

I have seen something similar in an early version of DW9 on ItemPublisher module. It was fixed a few hotfixes later.

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Adrian,

I don't understand your case, which loop and tags you use. I've tested the feature with CC frontend using last DW 8.9.2.6 and have correct paging and no any error when DwTemplateTags is enabled/disabled - https://www.screencast.com/t/Dxy2Zopx9f

Please, specify the conditions and scenario well. Refer to http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/for-dw-partners/ledger-ledger-entries for more details about feature.

BR, Oleg QA 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

We are using 8.9.2.5.

When I put the TemplateTags() in template,  the value of GetInteger("Ecom.CustomerCenter.Paging.NumPages") is correctly rendered.

As soon as I remove TemplateTags from the template, the tag is rendered as 0.

Please note that this worked on previous versions (I don;t remember what was the last working version).

From what you are demoing, it looks like we should upgrade to 8.9.2.6 to make it work again.

Thanks,

Adrian

Ryan Meade Dynamicweb Employee
Ryan Meade

Thanks Oleg and Adrian. We'll upgrade and let you know if it resolves the issue. 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

The mistery is solved.

I believe there is an inconsisten definition of template tags for paging.

We had Ecom.CustomerCenter.Paging.NumPages in our templates while the Ledger Items TemplateTags shows a different syntax: Ecom:CustomerCenter.Paging.NumPages

In TemplateTags references you can find both:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/template-tags/ecommerce/customer-center/ecomcustomercenter-paging/ecomcustomercenter-paging-numpages

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/template-tags/ecommerce/customer-center/recurring-order-list/base-tag-ecom-customercenter-paging-numpages

I have changed the TemplateTags and now it is working.

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

I have a new one.

In the Sales orders the tag is  Ecom.CustomerCenter.Paging.NumPages while in Sales invoices (Ledger Items) is  Ecom:CustomerCenter.Paging.NumPages

Which one is correct?

I see that all tags related to paging are different. In Sales Orders they are accessed with Ecom. while in Ledger Items with Ecom:

This is the reason paging used to work until it did not.

Thanks,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

I cannot find Ecom.CustomerCenter anywhere in the renderers - So Ecom:CustomerCenter is the right one...

Nicolai Pedersen

I fixed the mistake in the template docs. Sorry!

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

In my template (for the version above) the tag for the Sales orders is different than the tag for Ledger items.

Maybe it was updated in a later version? I now have to accomodate both template tags.

Adrian 

You must be logged in to post in the forum