Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Multiple shops with different default languages - language and variant field differentiation

Multiple shops with different default languages - language and variant field differentiation

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

Hi,

We've got a customer with multiple shops.

• In Settings > Ecommerce > Internationalization > Language "English" is set as default language

• In Settings > Ecommerce > Advanced configuation "Image small" has no checkbox in "Across" all languages because they want the image to be the same across languages

• SHOP A has English (the default language), Danish, German etc. as available languages and English as Default language

• SHOP B has Faorese and Icelandic as available languages and Faroese as Default language - so the default language, set in Settings > Ecommerce > Internationalization > Languages (English) is not available on this shop.

When a new product is created in SHOP B, the Image small can't be changed / set at all. I guess this is because "English" is set as default language in the Internationalization settings. But if this language isn't available on a shop, shouldn't the default language set on the shop be the "master" language? And that way be able to set the "Image small" when creating a product in Faroese which is the default language for the shop?

Replies

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

Anyone? :-)

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

Bump

Nicolai Pedersen

Well yes, I understand the issue, but there is no solution for it. There is only one master product and fields that are locked to not be translateable will not be translateable in other languages.

You always need the default language to be set on a shop - there is a lot of things that will be tied to that language.

René Poulsen
René Poulsen

Hi Nicolai,

Just to be 100% sure that we speak about the same thing: I actually have set a default language on both shops. The default language on SHOP B (Faroese), though, is not the default language set in In Settings > Ecommerce > Internationalization > Language.

If I understand what you are saying, we actually need "English" (set as default language in Settings > Ecommerce > Internationalization > Language) on all shops - or else we won't be able to translate fields on products that are not translatable?

Nicolai Pedersen

There is "Shop default language" and "System default language". You can never have a shop without system default language in its language list if you use language inheritance...

You must be logged in to post in the forum