Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Hide products for certain countries

Hide products for certain countries

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I have a site that has promotional products that are country-specific. As an example, it could be a box with 12 samples of other products. Per country I like to set up a special discounted price. That is easily done with a discount with a country filter.

However, what I also like to do is hide the entire product when the discount is not applicable. In other words, on the English site I like to show the English product when the user is shipping to England. Same for Portugal where the user can see the Portuguese product, but not the English one.

One solution I can think of is to add a list field to the product like "Hide on countries" with a list of all available countries. For England I would then select all countries except for England. Then in the index I would add a filter for the user's country. However, there's no country code macro or something similar so I am not sure how to accomplish this.

Am I on the right track with this or are there other alternatives? I also thought of assortments, but given that we already have a highly complicated setup and that we're trying to exclude less than 1% of the products, I am not really looking forward to implementing assortments ;-)

Thanks!

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

If you give the product a price of 0 on the main card and use the price matrix to give the product a different price in different countries, you will be much closer. Maybe it would even happen automatically what you want if you hide 0-price products, but you also have the price for each country in the index.

This would not give you the discount though. But maybe you can combine price matrix and discount. Just have the same price for each country and then the discount on top.

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I like that; I'll give it a try. Tusind tak!

You must be logged in to post in the forum