Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Handling items not in stock

Handling items not in stock

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I know this has come up a few times but I am not sure what the latest situation is, so I am creating a new thread.

We have a customer that has products that are no longer in stock (replaced by others) but that still exist in users' carts. Upon checkout, we can't have these products in the final order. What are the options to deal with this? Is this built-in now or does it require frontend customization? And if it does, does that exist in Swift today?

Note: this is not about hiding products that are not in stock; they are already in the cart so we need get rid of them, ideally with a message to the user that it happened.

Any insights?

Imar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

It is part of the validation and have always been that:

If that checkbox is set, the order will not go to checkout step.

Currently in Swift, the errors will be rendered by the /ecom7/cartv2/step/helpers/Errors.cshtml template.

But the user will have to remove the products them selves - and there are no automatic handling of adding replacement products etc.

Votes for this answer: 1

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Thanks Nicolai; we'll go with that then and add some additional text for the user to explain they need to update the quantity or remove the products themselves.

Imar

You must be logged in to post in the forum