Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Free shipping - On Product X

Free shipping - On Product X

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

A customer is asking us to develop Free Shipping for a single/set of product(s).

This means that if you have 2 products (1 with free shipping and another one with shipping fee), the shipping fee would be calculated as if there was only 1 product in the cart (for a specific shipping method only). The customer is also using integration with FedEx.

Conditions

• There are multiple shipping methods (using FedEx but the solution needs to work for any shipping method configuration)
  • Only a subset of those would be used to trigger the Free Shipping

The only way I can think of doing this is setting the weight to 0, if Shipping method is X within the date range. My question is where would be the best place or if there are any other suggestions?

• In Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Notifications.Ecommerce.Cart.BeforeShippingMethodIsSet set the orderline weight to 0 if conditions are met?
    Use an item list to set the relation between Product, Shipping method and Date Range

OR

• Is there another (suggested) way?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

After discussing it internally maybe a best option would be to:

• Use Ecommerce.Order.BeforeShippingFeeCalculationArgs instead
  • Set the orderline quanity to 0 for that Shippng fee (so it calculates by 0 instead of updating weight and volume - set on the product)

Does this sound right?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

Can't tell, as the entire setup sounds a little off and would be very dependent on setup. So I guess you would have to test your way through...

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

We'll test and see. Thanks anyways.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum