Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Discounts and Assortments

Discounts and Assortments

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

We have a situation on a solution that's using Assortments and Discounts.

Historically, we have used the old discounts (the solution was rather old) and we have just upgraded to the latest 9.14 version.

After the upgrade, we asked the customer to move away from the old discounts and add new ones instead.

After the move, we are experiencing some errors for discounts that are offering free products.

The error shows only when the current user does not have in the assortments the products that are supposed to be given for free.

I understand that this may be a scenario that was not addressed and that we can probably try to separate the customers into groups depending on the access to Assortments but this separation will be extremely time consuming because we have about 70k users spread across multiple User Groups and more than 1000 assortments. 

That's why it would be easier/safer if this exception would be handled when the discount is applied.

Here is the error:

We sometimes see this error as well:

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Apparently, the same situation is triggered if you select an inactive product in the "Product" selector for the "Product discount type".

In the select dialog, there is no filtering of inactive products and therefore the editor can wrongly choose an inactive product and render an error.

And I have noticed another situation. You can select an inactive product in the list of products that would trigger a discount (same situation as above) and the product is visible in the list of products triggering the discount. But if you activate the product AFTER you have added it to the list, the discount will not be triggered. And this results in a lot of issues. We have just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why the discount is not triggered before finding out from the editor that the product was activated after being added to the list.

I believe that adding a filter to the selection of products (both for the giveaway product and the products triggering the discount) would solve some of these issues. 

The Assortment one though, is a separate thing.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions/solutions.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

I have created devops#14109 that will add null checks when products not in assortment is used.

The active problem seems to be a cache update issue which is changed on the same devops item.

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Your second exception above seems to be something you add your self - orderlines with no ID. I have also added a null check for that.

Adrian Ursu

Thank you.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum