Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Combine Product Feature overwrites variant product fields

Combine Product Feature overwrites variant product fields

Thiago Tedesco

DynamicWeb Build:9.15.13

When using the combine feature, I noticed that when products are combined as variants, the individual variants inherit the product fields from the default variant. As you can see below, values such as Weight and ProductDefaultUnitId were cloned from the default variant, which effectively corrupts the data in those other lines.

Before:

After:

One problem I ran into due to this is that live prices will temporarily not display correctly on the frontend because of the DefaultUnitId change at the variant level. Also if these products were to be extracted / uncombined, the original fields would be gone. Is this the intended behavior?

Once the product data is refreshed from the ERP using Product Number as a primary key the fields are repopulated with the correct values. Even still, I would like to avoid this temporary state altogether.

Can you please advise?

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Thiago,

Did you consider Field settings? https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/advanced-settings/ecommerce-advanced-configuration#sideNavTitle1-2

In other words, are the fields you are asking about flagged as allowing to be different per variant? If not, then it's a somewhat expected behavior that certain values would be overwritten to the chosen default variant Id, and then data integration jobs (which write directly to the database, not through API methods) would overwrite them again.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Votes for this answer: 1

Thiago Tedesco

That did it, Nuno! Thank you!

You must be logged in to post in the forum