Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Change of product quantity from the backend

Change of product quantity from the backend

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi,

If I change the quantity of a product in an order from the backend, will this update the reserved quantity when the order is saved or do I have to complete the order, for this? 

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

If you change the quantity of an order (orders are per definition completed carts) nothing happens with stock - neither on the product stock or reserved (as reserved covers products added to cart, but not yet checked out).

If you edit a cart from the backend (is that even possible?) it will update the reserved amount if the frontend user reloads the cart (if it is out of session), but will update the stock once checked out, no matter what.

BR Nicolai

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

So if I understand you correctly, the stock is not touched, if an order is edited in backend, before marked as completed?

What if an order is cancelled - is the stock updated as well, by incrementing the stock?

I'm only talking about completed orders, not uncompleted carts - I don't think it is possible to edit them either :)

/Kurt

Nicolai Pedersen

What happens if you try it?

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Well, the reason I'm asking is because a client have experienced, that the stock is not updated, no matter if an order is cancelled or the order is edited in the backend.

The client is using DW 9.4.11

/Kurt

Nicolai Pedersen

So, there you have your answer!

You must be logged in to post in the forum