Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Boxes of base units

Boxes of base units

Stephen Anthony Jackson

Hi.

Tearing my hair out over this one.

I have a use case where we have a base unit of measure (a Liter), where the price is constant per liter

We then have various box sizes where you have 12 x 1 Liter bottles, 4 x 4 liter bottles etc. The product is never sold as invidual bottles, and the boxes do not have their own product number in their ERP. The price is simply the number of liters x the liter price

The customer wants the boxes to be displayed on the purchase page for the product, where you select a quantity of boxes and the price is multiplied up from the base unit price.

Is this possible out-of-the-box? I have created the base units, and the box units, and then created a price for the base unit, but it does not get applied to the boxes (also the liter base unit has to be displayed as a choosable product to be able to set a price, which is not correct). It seems I have to create explicit prices for the boxes. 

What is best practice for meeting the requirements?

Replies

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Stephen, 

What you can do is to use Purchase minimum quantity and Purchase quantity step. Then it wouldn't show 1 box on the product page, but the number of bottles, which is also a better customer experience. 

BR, Rasmus Sanggaard

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum