Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Assortments and performance

Assortments and performance

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys, 

I have a few solutions where Assortments are used heavily.

We have a lot of updates for products and users and they also have an impact on Assortments. That's why, even if we can manage to run partial updates on users and products, we always have to update also the assortments. And this is where the problem arises.

As far as I remember, Assortment update is done by recreating the assortments from scratch, periodically. This means that users might not be able to see products until the assortments are recreated. And this also means that while the assortments are rebuilt, the performance is affected.

In my case, one solution is running on 9.12 and the other one in 9.9. But they both experience similar behaviors.

Is there any optimized way of handling these scenarios?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Adrian,

Assortment data is included in the Lucene index. So rebuilding Assortment should not affect the user experience as assortment info is still in the Lucene index. But probably you should seek to ensure that build of Assortment and build of Lucene index is not running at the same time.

However, in the (unusual) event that you use Assortment and not Lucene index, you are quite right, though: at the time of build, a users assortment will not be available.

Let me know if the above anwers your question.

BR
Snedker

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

But probably you should seek to ensure that build of Assortment and build of Lucene index is not running at the same time.

Morten, please excuse my ignorance - what would be the best way to go about ensuring that the assortment build and index build are not happening at the same time?

You must be logged in to post in the forum