Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Users get logged out even with Login cookie set up for 7 days

Users get logged out even with Login cookie set up for 7 days

Mavrichi Marian

Hi! We have a problem where we have set up the Login cookie to be available for 7 days but users still get logged out after only 1 day. After testing myself I found that when closing the browser entirely 2 times ( don't know why I don't get logged out the first time ) I get logged out. I think this has something to do with ASP.NET_SessionId (expire time is "Session") wich gets deleted when closing the browser, the first time I close the browser and reopen it I get a new ASP.NET_SessionId (with a different Id) and I don't get logged out, but the second time it disappears and you get logged out. The other cookie called "DynamicWeb" stays open and gets set correctly with the expire date set to 7 days later. What could be the problem and where could I investigate?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Mavrichi 

I have been looking into this. I belive this is a cookie manager setup issue.

If you are using Swift and click Deny in the cookie banner, functional cookies are not allowed - and the permanent login cookie is a functional cookie.

You can see these cookies and their expirations:

If you opt out of cookies, optin level is 0 - and then the DW_Extranet cookie is not set and your login will epxire with the session.

You must be logged in to post in the forum