Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » To search in items with Index Searching

To search in items with Index Searching

Lise T. Pedersen

I need some help on how to create a search field to my homepage, and the options are these:

I have lot of products, created as items, and published as lists on different pages after their product category.

First priority is to be able to search for the product number, and if the product is for example number three on a page, you must be taken down the page to this product, when clicking on the search result (as if you could anchor the products and use this anchor in the search link.)

I have been told that it should be possible from Dynamicweb 9.2 with razor templates, and I have created both an index search for my content (here items) and a Query for it, as it is described in the documentation (and with a little help from DW support).

But I get lost, when it comes to implement it - the manual only writes about ecom-examples, so I hope someone here can give me som useful help. Is it the search weighted template I shall convert to razor - or what??? Help!

Thanks in advance..

/Lise

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lise

If you have the items indexed, you need to use the Query Publisher which can be found here: http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/platform/indexing-search/query-publisher

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum