Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Newsletter subscription in form

Newsletter subscription in form

Nicole Busscher

Hi, I would like to make a form where (known users) can subscribe themselves for the newsletter. I have used the app 'Form for editors', made a field for emailadress and a checkbox for email permission. The form works but the email permission checkbox in the user section in DW is not changed after submitting the form. See some screenshots in the attachment. Does someone know how this works?

2018-03-28_10_25_25-https___pentair-eu-staging.azurewebsites.net_admin_module_BasicForms_EditForm.as.png 2018-03-28_10_25_51-https___pentair-eu-staging.azurewebsites.net_admin_module_BasicForms_EditField.a.png 2018-03-28_10_26_17-https___pentair-eu-staging.azurewebsites.net_admin_module_BasicForms_EditField.a.png

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi, 

and what's reason not to use Extranet module provides ready frontend to subscribing for existing known user if it's not yet done? Please, find mode info  about the module using.

BR, Oleg QA

2018-03-29_1654.png 2018-03-29_1655.png

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks
This post has been marked as an answer

Hello Oleg,

I am a colleague of Nicole and she asked me to have a look at this. The functionality works, that's good news, but I still have 2 questions:

1. After filling in the form I receive an error:  Error in the input field "":
Do you have an idea why I receive it and how it can be solved?

2. We would like to change the title "Subscribe for E-mail"
Can you tell me if that is possible?

Best regards
Gerard

Subscription.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Oleg Rodionov

Hello Gerard,

1. You get the exception, since the apropriate control in section 'Redirection-After creation' uses wrong template (attachment). This one is for initial form displaying only (actually, the user's option is checked in the case as well). You can create your own template in Files/Templates/UserManagement/CreateProfile has data you needs to show to user. Another way - create page&paragraph the user will be redirected to and apply it in the same section (attachment). I've set the page up temporarily on your solution to test. Please, have a look.

2. The title can be changed inside the appropriate template used to show the module frontend (attachment)

PS: and my hello to your colleague, Nicole as well! :) 

BR, Oleg QA

2018-03-29_2028.png 2018-03-29_2042.png 2018-03-29_2046.png

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your reply, it works.

I cannot change the title in the template, I have anothier icon than you have on your screen...

BR, Gerard

DW.png

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Probably, an user account used to login to DW backend doesn't have appropriate permissions, try to do it as Adminisrator if the credentials are allowed to you. Another way - edit the template via file manager directly from folder I've mentioned above.

BR, Oleg QA    

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we ar administrator but don't have the icon you have..
I also cannot find this template in de file manager. Can you tell me where it is zo that I can make the change?

BR, Gerard

Template.png

Nicole Busscher

Hi Oleg,

Could you answer the question of Gerard?
Thanks!   

You must be logged in to post in the forum