Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Multiple webshops with languages and currencies

Multiple webshops with languages and currencies

Jonas Krarup Dam

I have a challenge in an international shop and translations

The customer wants to sell products in three stores;

* Danish store - sells to people in Denmark. .dk domain, content and product info should be available in Danish and English, but prices should always be in DKK.
* Swedish store - sells to people in Denmark. .se domain, content and product info should be available in Swedish and English, but prices should always be in SEK.
* English/EU store - sells to people in other european contries. .eu domain (or something like that). Content and product info should be available in English. 

Currently, we only have the DK workshop in Danish, and the prices are set directly on the products. 

I'm afraid that I will have to set up multiple english websites, and possibly even have multiple english translations of the products, in order to be able show the stores with the correct combinations of language/currency, and with the right limits on delivery contries. This would suck for the customer, so I really want to avoid that.

How can I achieve this?

Can I have just one english website that works on all three domains, but is the main website for just one?

Can I set EcomLanguage without changing the currency?  Can I control available delivery contries based on the domain, instead of the website/areaID?

Thanks, Jonas

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jonas

Currencies and languages are two seperate things, and you can easily have one english language on as many websites as you want using different currencies. You can add a price for each currency of a product using the "Prices" button and add a price for each currency.

On the website properties, on ecommerce settings tab, you set the default language and default currency for that website. You can change language by URL using &language=lang2 and you can change currency using &currencycode=dkk etc.

What shipping and payment methods that should be available can be controlled in 2 ways - when you setup a payment and shipping method you can specify which customer or delivery country it should be available for - so that is what controls what is available for whom. Also on the cart app, you can filter out shipping and payment methods on the app settings.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum