Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Language specific url's in Sitemap

Language specific url's in Sitemap

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi, 

Is it the default that language specific url's do not show up in the sitemap.xml?

My site hase 3 area's, but sitemap.xml only shows the default language.

I thought I might need to switch to:

But when I check that box, the sitemap is empty.

Justin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

It depends on your settings. You can see the demo has entries from 2 sites:

https://swiftdemo.dynamicweb-cms.com/sitemap.xml

It depends on how you setup domains - i.e. if one site is using domain.com and the other one domain.nl, they will not mix sitemap.

It is also depending on url indexes - if they are unique per area (website or language) or grouped by parent master website.

Justin Sjouw

So my site is using 1 domain, with language prefixes for the 2 languages other then master.

I have domain.com in dutch. /en is for English and /de for German.

In the URL index I see all language URL's, but I'm not sure what setting will make them show up in the sitemap:

This is an excerpt from the URL index after all the url's from the Dutch master site

Nicolai Pedersen

How does your website settings look like?

Show a screenshot of the list of websites and the domain setup for each of them.

Are the websites active? Are the pages in those websites marked as "Show in sitemap"

Justin Sjouw

These are the settings. all sites are connected to 1 domain, and that is also the primary domain.

All pages (that need to be shown in Sitemap) have "Show in Sitemap" checked in alle language version...

Nicolai Pedersen

I made the same setup here:

https://swiftdemo.dynamicweb-cms.com/sitemap.xml

Works as exepected.

Did you delete the /sitemap.xml custom pages from all of your websites and languages?

Justin Sjouw

Weird, there has never been as sitemap page in the service folder, so I did not need to delete it.  I guess it was introduced in a later Swift version than I started with my database.

I'll send you a url , so you can maybe check there...

You must be logged in to post in the forum