Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Do not copy empty rows to language layer website

Do not copy empty rows to language layer website

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I notice that when I copy a website to a language layer, a lot of "ghost" rows appear. 

I'm not sure where these come from but it would be nice if the copied language layer would not contain them. Either by fixing the source data in some way, or with a possbility in the copy action to not copy empty rows (without columns/components in them)

As an example this is a language layer page:

And this is the source page:

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Justin

I have send this to QA for verification - if it is a bug or something else. Looks weird!

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Justin

I was not able to reproduce the issue on my test environment based on Swift data and based on last DW9.15.7 admin. Here is video about my check and attachment about health-contend data on the solution. It seems to be specific issue of your solution has broken data in content tables. Please, specify way your content was created on the master (manually, via deploy) and manipulations were done there before creating of language sate. It will be OK if you mail URL to your solution and credentials for a backend user has admin permission for more deep dig. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA  

2023-05-18_10-54-39.png

Justin Sjouw

Hey Oleg,

Thanks for your help! I will send you a link and credentials to the solution.

You can see similar behaviour in this site when copying a single page, then a 1 column row gets added.

I'm pretty sure I have seen this behaviour on another site as well, so I'll be sure to make a note of that when I see it again. Would be good if can find the root of the issue.

The site has been around a while and started out on a very early version of swift, pages have only been added/edited via the UI, no direct database or API stuff...

On this site the Content Health shows no issues

Thanks,

Justin

Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin,

I've tried to refresh the cache items mentined in attached pic to reproduce it again - not reproduced now with copy content or create new language (see new laguages under master).The content had varios impact like create new row with\without paragraph including using existing templates on the site, deleting it etc. So, the site cannot be used for investigation now. Please, provide either link to download copy a site still has the issue by mail to use it localy on our side if still relevant or exact scenario if the issue is reproduced again on the fixed site. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

2023-05-22_10-49-13.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Justin Sjouw

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your thorough investigation.

So If I understand correctly flushing the cache for these services resolved the issue?

If that is the case, maybe it should be considered flushing these before executing the process of creating a lnguage layer?

Thanks!

Justin

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Justin

yup, flushing the cache for these services resolved the issue on the solution you have shared as you can see. Perhaps, yup, we have to do (or do it now but not fully correctly) during performing the operations by content. It can be find out by extra investigation by developer on a solution where the issue is reproduced stuble. So, I've created task #13707 to try to research the issue on shared solution using language sites are still broken (created before flushing the cache).

BR, Oleg QA 

You must be logged in to post in the forum