Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Do items based pages under folders count as pages in regard to license?

Do items based pages under folders count as pages in regard to license?

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

When the items feature was released back in the day, I remember at some dynamicweb conference - we were informed that Items based pages - placed under DW folders, would count as Items and not pages. I am 99.99% certain this is what we were told.

Anyone else remember this, and is this still the case?

/Hans

Replies

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Anyone?

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

The logic has never ever changed in the backend

This is the check

var topPages = pages.Where(page => page.ParentPageId == 0 && !page.IsFolder && !page.IsTemplate && page.AreaId > 0);
            int result = 0;
            foreach (var page in topPages)
            {
                result += GetPageNavigationTree(page.ID).Count;
            }
            return result;

Which means - as long as your folder is in the root of the website, the pages under it does not count.

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Ok, so if there are folders under folders, and the items are in the subfolder - then it counts as a page?

We often do like this:

News (folder in root)
    Newscategory 1 (folder under folder in root)
         Newsitem1 (Item)
         Newsitem2 (Item)
         Newsitem3 (Item)
  Newscategory 2 (folder under folder in root)
         Newsitem1 (Item)
         Newsitem2 (Item)
         Newsitem3 (Item)

/Hans

Claus Kølbæk
Claus Kølbæk

Hi Hans

I remember the same conference and answer :)

- Seing as your "News" is a folder, it will not be looked at in the check Nicolai posted, as it will failed the  check "!.page.IsFolder", and therefor any pages/folders/whatever under that one will no be counted.

However - When you are trying to add a new page via the backend, it also does a check to see if you are at the limit, and I believe that check is different than the one NIcolai just posted. So that one will end up causing a problem as the pages in the folder are counted (at least they used to be, I don't know if it has been changed, been some years since I ran into it myself).

You must be logged in to post in the forum