Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Custom fields in export via export users

Custom fields in export via export users

Nicole Busscher

Hi, we have some custom fields at a user and we would like to add these custom fields to the export. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Export.png Overview_custom_fields.png

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Nicole,
you can edit the xml file to include your custom fields manually. It is located in the path:
Files\System\Integration\Jobs\ModuleSpecificJobs\UserManagementModuleJobs\ExportJobs\ExportUsersWithSelectedColumns.xml
You will need to add the custom fields to SourceProvider schema, Destination provider schema and mappings sections in this xml file.

The other way doing that is to copy yours Files\System\Integration\Jobs\ModuleSpecificJobs\UserManagementModuleJobs\ExportJobs\ExportUsersWithSelectedColumns.xml
to the folder: Files\Files\Integration\jobs and open the "ExportUsersWithSelectedColumns" job from the Settings->integration->Data integration module and click the button
"Check tables schema" and save the job and then click "Add source table to destination" button on the left side of "AccessUser-AccessUser" table mappings - that will update your job with all available fields in AccessUser and after that save the job and copy it back to Files\System\Integration\Jobs\ModuleSpecificJobs\UserManagementModuleJobs\ExportJobs folder.

Regards, Dmitrij

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Hello Dmitrij,

I am trying to realize this for my colleague Nicole, I choose the second way. But after copying the XML file to Files\Files\Integration\jobs it is not visible in Settings->integration->Data integration (see screenshot). Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Best regards
Gerard

Data_integration.png

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Gerard,
that is because your xml file is in Unicode while your xml declaration in is set to utf-16.

Try removing the conflicting encoding from the XML declaration. Replace

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

with

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Regards, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 2

Nicole Busscher

Hi Dmitriy, thanks for you help! It works now! :)

Regards, Nicole

You must be logged in to post in the forum